Griffon Hoverwork Ltd (GHL) is at the forefront of hovercraft development and has been involved in the manufacture and operation of hovercraft since they were first conceived, over 50 years ago. Our customers "fly" our hovercraft in all 5 continents and we support over 200 GHL craft in over 41 countries.
Owned and supported by the Bland Group, the company has achieved strong growth. We relocated our main manufacturing facility from Hythe to Merlin Quay, Southampton UK at the beginning of 2011, in order to increase our manufacturing capacity. We now use lean techniques to design and manufacture high quality hovercraft for practical applications.
In the commercial role, our hovercraft are used around the globe for:
- survey work and civil engineering support
- logistics and cargo carrying
- passenger ferries
- coastal, ice and airport crash rescue
- mobile medical clinics
Our hovercraft are also in use by those responsible for national security and military operations, missions include:
- border patrol and surveillance
- policing and customs duties
- marine interdiction and infra structure security
- weapons platforms, troop carriers and logistics vehicles
We recognise that product and service quality is of primary importance to our customers and in order to maintain this focus, we have held ISO 9001 accreditation for a number of years to ensure that:
- Our products meet or exceed defined quality, regulatory and contract requirements.
- We are customer focused, managing the processes that enable us to achieve and continually improve customer satisfaction.
- We have defined quality, engineering and design standards to ensure a consistent quality approach to all aspects of our business, based on best practice.
- We invest in a competent and trained workforce.
- Our working practices and processes are regularly audited by an independent person to ensure compliance and facilitate continual improvement.
- We strive to get things right first time, and if not, resolve problems early on and prevent them happening again.