We have a fantastic opportunity to join Griffon Hoverwork as a Senior Hovercraft Pilot and Instructor.
You will report to the Head of Technical Support and be based at our head office in Woolston, Southampton and periodically at globally dispersed customer locations.
- In-house large (greater than 14m length overall) hovercraft instructor for all craft manufactured or maintained or refitted by Griffon Hoverwork. This work will be conducted locally or in the Customer's area of operation which are distributed globally.
- In-house large (greater that 14m length overall) hovercraft manufacturing and maintenance test pilot.
- Verification of all crafts' readiness for sea.
- Verification that marine and maritime operation practices are carried out in accordance with the SMS and craft specific procedures.
- Verification of training standards applied by other in-house instructors, third parties and customer trainers.
- Generate, review and where applicable approve amendments to marine related procedures.
- Generate, review and where applicable approve amendments to operating manuals.
- Carry out and assist as appropriate with investigations into marine and maritime related incidents, including recommending actions to prevent recurrence.
- Provide expert marine advice to required studies such as HAZID / HAZOP to ensure legislative compliance, safety of personnel and equipment including interface with HSE with regards to regulatory issues.
- Provide Pilot / Mariner input to product development and to be the effective 'business conscience' for the quality of product from the operator perspective.
- Engage with the business to extract lessons from operations to be integrated into future designs / craft.
- Provide craft piloting expertise to the Sales and Customer Support teams.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Certificate of Competency of STCW 95 II/3 or II/2 OOW
with highspeed experience / or Boat masters (BML) with highspeed
endorsement or Master Mariner / equivalent international / armed
forces qualification (in the case of the latter demonstrating that
there is a route to migrate to Certificate of Competency).
- Demonstrable success as an instructor in a demanding
marine environment, preferably with skills and experience
instructing in the operation of high speed or air cushion supported
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of marine vessel technical systems (at an expert operator level) including: hydraulics, diesel engines, basic electrical systems and basic electronics.
- Communication (written and verbal) and customer facing skills
- Demonstrable sense of urgency / ability to get things done / ability to prioritise without compromising quality and technical content.
- Adept user of MS Office business applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project).
- Desirable experience in Training Needs Analysis and / or Training Package Development.
- Potential to develop into single point authority for:
Pilot training syllabus and standards
Type rating standards
Marine operations Safety Management System
Maintaining Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) compliance for all of the above
For further details or if you are interested in applying please email firstname.lastname@example.org