The Griffon 2400TD is a fast, versatile and robust single-engined amphibious hovercraft, capable of carrying loads of up to 2400kg. The 2400TD Hovercraft was designed and built for the British Royal Marines, modernising their fleet of 2000TD Hovercraft, after many years of successful operation.
- The 2400TD offers greater payload, obstacle clearance and performance than all competitors in its class.
- The cabin design is fully configurable for seating, cargo and armaments.
- A choice of cabin superstructure allows the craft to fulfil a wide variety of roles, making it ideal for military operations, rescue and commercial applications.
- The diesel engine, delivers a fast, safe performance over a wide variety of terrains and conditions.
- The marine grade aluminium hull guarantees strength, reliability and longevity.
- The 2400TD's design with foldable side decks, allows the user to reduce the width of the craft, for uncomplicated transportation by road, sea or air.
- Access hatches are provided in the side decks to assist skirt and hull maintenance.
- Four lifting points are provided, with mooring cleats at the bow and stern.
An upgraded version of the craft is used by the Swedish Coast Guard in the Northern Baltic. Modified to carry and deploy two snow scooters, it provides a unique year round service, including over-ice patrol capability.