1. Collection and use of personally identifiable information
GHL may disclose your data to certain permitted third parties, such as third-party service providers or cloud service providers, in order to comply with contractual obligations.
Or GHL's own professional advisers and approved representatives who are bound by confidentiality codes and when GHL is legally obliged to disclose your data.
2. GHL can obtain personal data from you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, and email from a number of different sources:
a. If you supply us with your details when discussing matters over the telephone, or if you submit a request for details to be provided to you by mail, email or through our website. You will be asked to consent to us maintaining a record of this information
b. Via your individual IP location. This may be taken in order for GHL to diagnose problems with its server and to administer the Website.
3. You have the right to ask GHL not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You also have the right to access information held about you by GHL.
Your right to access can be exercised in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016, any Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) can be made by emailing DSAR@griffonhoverwork.com (please allow up to one calendar month for a response) please note your request may be subject to an extension of up to two calendar months should the situation require it. A charge may be made, for this, if the retrieval of records is unreasonably time consuming.
In order to progress your request two forms of identification (ID) will be required before any data is compiled, please have one form of photo ID (either a valid passport or driving license) AND a valid proof of address, Utility Bill/Council Tax Bill / Bank Statement/Credit Card Statement (One document required). These must be dated within the last three months.
Please note we cannot accept mobile phone bills or online utility bills, also the same document cannot be accepted to fill both required ID's.
GHL will record DSAR request centrally in order to meet the obligations of the EU GDPR.
4. GHL may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
a. To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
b. To store information about your preferences and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
c. To speed up the user experience.
d. To recognise you when you return to our site.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies.
Please note cookies can be removed from your device at any time by wiping your Internet Browsers cache. Details of how to do this can be found online using the search term 'Delete Cookies'
Used to provide essential functionality of the site
Sets a Cookie to ensure user gets the latest version of the site
Persistent - 6 Days
Stores a user ID
Persistent - 1 Day
Stores dimensions of the user Interface
This cookie is used to allow the user to utilise the download section of the site
Persistent - 12 Months
These Cookies are used to gather information for analytical purposes. The information collected can't not be used to identify you.
Persistent - 12 Months
5. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
6. GHL operates in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016, and any amendments thereto.
7. Encryption and anonymization. Where possible personally identifiable information will be encrypted and/or anonymised, to ensure the security of the data itself and to minimise any potential exposure, should any breach occur.
You may at any time unsubscribe to receiving information about us by sending an email to email@example.com
If you change your contact details, please send an email with your new details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If such changes are overall disadvantageous to you, you may object to them within 20 days after their being posted on our Website or delivered to you, in which case none of the proposed changes will be effective with respect to information that we have already collected; but only to information we collect in the future.
If you have any questions or concerns about the information we hold about you, you may email us at email@example.com.